Beyond this, balances the nervous system, respiratory and digestive, promotes blood circulation, tones muscles, prevents fluid retention and therefore promotes lymphatic drainage and elimination of toxins.
Therefore, an increasing number of medical applications that are attributed to this practice, among them we find:
- Muscle aches, back pain and low back pain or sciatica, among others.
- Anxiety, insomnia, stress, depression or anxiety states.
- Migraines and headaches.
- Chronic fatigue and exhaustion.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Disorders related to menstruation and menopause.
Contraindications of shiatsu
Despite all these benefits and applications, shiatsu also has some contraindications and practice would not be recommended in the following cases:
- Degenerative diseases and malignant tumors.
- Bleeding and external injuries.
- Inflammation and acute infectious processes and also splenic fever conditions.