Lymphatic massage is used to help increase lymph flow. This helps eliminate harmful substances from the tissues and can increase immune function. Because the lymphatic system has no pump station, must depend on the muscle contraction to move fluids. Another way to pass this fluid is through the manipulation manually or massage. The following article provides instructions step by step on how to lymphatic massage.
- For each of the eight steps, using only slight pressure every step and repeat 5 times. Step 1 is to massage the soft spot on the side of the neck with two fingers. Be sure to give both sides of the neck massages.
- Massage lymph nodes in the armpits. Using the flat surface of the fingers, press gently on the arm and then release the pressure.
- Then, using the flat of your hand, gently massage the entire area of the thighs, moving towards the inside of the knee.
- Use the thumbs to twist the skin along the kneecap. Begins below the kneecap and towards the top.
- Gently press and releases the area in back of the knee.
- Use the palm of the hand to stretch the skin at the back of the calf. Start at the ankle and move toward the knee.
- Use your thumbs to massage each side of the knee.
- Massage the foot, starting at the base of the toes and moving towards the ankle.
Tips and Warnings
- The lymphatic massage can help unlock the lymphatic system by cleaning Manual lymphatic system.
- Perform lymphatic massage properly can increase the volume of lymph flow at least 20 times.
- It is essential to drink plenty of water after a lymphatic massage to remove toxins that have been released.